This seems pretty simple to me. If Christ rose on the third day and is now alive why would He not continue to communicate with us?
He did rise the third day. He is alive in a resurrected body. He does continue to guide us today.
That is the message of this whole conference. The restoration of the gospel simply put is Christ is again leading His church. This is His church so He is guiding it. Similar to the prophet Moses who received guidance in leading the Israelites. The Lord guides His church through a prophet. But He also wants to help us in our personal life and choices so we have the opportunity to be guided in our life’s choices.
Some will question “why would God bother to help a person with a daily choice?” I think He is willing to help us learn the concept of revelation on small matters to help us learn how to recognize His communication on important matters. Even the prayers that seemingly have no answer are a lesson for us to learn.
- How does the Holy Ghost communicate with you?
- What are some revelations for the church that have occurred recently that have confirmed your faith? What are some that have caused you to search and receive a personal witness?
- How can you be an active participant in the restoration of the gospel?
- What was the last prayer you had answered?
- How do you practice hearing the Spirit?
- When did you receive a testimony of living prophets?
- Have you shared your love and appreciation for President Nelson recently?
The Blessing of Continuing Revelation to Prophets and Personal Revelation to Guide Our Lives by Elder Quentin L. Cook