“Every member a missionary” is a catchy mantra. But for an introvert whose personal motto is “live and let live” it is an uncomfortable one to say the least. I always fall short of being a missionary.
The good news is the emphasis is now moving to work with our strengths. Instead of lessons on “being a missionary” the message is focusing on love. The three points of Elder Christofferson’s seem rather natural.
First, follow Mormon’s advice in Moroni 7 and pray to have charity. Once that is learned and lived the other steps will follow. If love is your motivator then you can’t help but be a good example. And if you love God and His word you will set an example and read His word. Once His word is written in your heart the words will flow out of you.
See? Not a missionary talk at all.
- What have you learned about love by reading the Book of Mormon?
- Have you thanked the person who sets the best example in your life?
- What does love look like everyday?
- What are you reading about in the Book of Mormon? Who can you share your insights with?
- What are some of the Christlike qualities people have in the Book of Mormon? Who in your life has similar qualities?
- When did you first gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon?
Sharing the Message of the Restoration and the Resurrection by Elder D. Todd Christofferson