When I was younger, I thought plans were restrictive. Why divide life up by plans? Plans that if not achieved only led to disappointment and frustration. What a naive girl I was back then.
Now I see the importance of a plan. A plan helps us stay on track and gets us where we want to go. The best plans still leave freedom of choice and adaptability. But something to direct our efforts and attention is crucial.
I am so thankful for the great plan of life. This has given me direction and focus. There are times I have strayed looking for a better route only to better see the wisdom of God’s plan.
For me, I compare the knowledge of the plan of happiness to hiking. In the valley our view is obstructed by what is in the valley. For example, we would not be able to see anything but trees. But when we start to climb the mountain our view changes. We can see the tops of the trees. As we ascend our view increases. So it is with the plan. The more we know the bigger picture we see. The bigger picture we see the more peace we can feel.
- How does the Plan of Happiness provide the big picture?
- How has knowing the plan helped you in your life?
- What has utilizing the Atonement of Christ helped you accomplish?
- What would your life be like if you didn’t know any of the truths brought to light during the restoration of the gospel?
- When was the last time you thanked Heavenly Father for his great plan of happiness?
The Great Plan by President Dallin H. Oaks