When I served in Young Women, one of the newly baptized class members asked “why doesn’t Jesus heal today like He did in New Testament times?”
How would you respond?
I testified to her that He does continue to heal. It’s just that healing a broken or contrite heart looks different than physical manifestations. Something I read once is “healing is a process.” Oftentimes, there is healing going on that we don’t see or recognize because it is so subtle.
Jesus lives and He wants to heal and nurture. While we live in a fallen world not every sickness can be cured. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t some form of healing occurring.
- If you have felt to sing the song of redeeming love do you feel so now?
- What evidence can you see of healing in your life?
- What weaknesses have been made strong?
- How do you worship God?
- What hard thing have you been enabled to accomplish?
- When was the last time you offered a prayer of thanks for the blessing of the sacrament?
Hosanna and Hallelujah—The Living Jesus Christ: The Heart of Restoration and Easter by Elder Gerrit W. Gong