No, it is not the first time a non-general authority or one serving in a general leadership has spoken in conference. But it’s been awhile. Youth speakers in General Conference, how about that?
President Oaks reminds us again of what the Priesthood means. It is the authority to perform acts and services in God’s name that makes those acts binding on earth and in heaven. But he explains it much more eloquently so I will leave it to him.
The youth speakers reinforce his talk by giving practical examples of testimony. If this is being shared in class it might be good to follow the example.
- How has the priesthood blessed your life?
- When was the last time you received a priesthood blessing?
- How do you use the priesthood in your home?
- What have you learned about the priesthood after studying it?
- What blessings have you received because the priesthood power has been restored on earth?
- How important is the priesthood in your life?
- When was the last time you said a gratitude prayer thanking Heavenly Father for the blessing of the priesthood in your life?
How the Priesthood Blesses Youth by Laudy Ruth Kaouk
How the Priesthood Blesses Youth by Enzo Serge Petelo
The Melchizedek Priesthood and the Keys by President Dallin H. Oaks